Notice: Deferral of Mortgage Payments
Trinidad and Tobago Mortgage Finance Company Limited continues to monitor the impact of COVID-19 and how it affects the financial circumstances of our customers.
At the post cabinet news briefing on Monday, March 23rd, 2020 the Prime Minister, through the Minister of Finance, clarified his previous request on March 18, 2020 to defer mortgage payments:
- For TTMF customers he indicated the deferral would be for three months in the first instance.
- For HDC customers who are in a Rent to Own (RTO) or License to Occupy (LTO) arrangement, the deferral would be for two (2) months in the first instance.
This deferral applies to customers who are unable to pay due to the impact of COVID-19. All other customers who are in a position to pay are encouraged to continue making their payments.
If you require a deferral of your payments, please complete and sign this online Request for Deferral of Installments Form. You can contact us via our website or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the deferral is not a waiver of the payment. Instead, the term of your loan will be extended by the deferral period to allow for repayment of these installments. You will be required to sign a Letter of Variation confirming the extension of the term of the loan by the deferral period.
If your payment is normally remitted through a salary deduction, standing order or if we debit your account directly, then we may have already received your March payment. We will verify this and if this is indeed so, we will refund you the payment either by cheque which will be mailed to you or by direct deposit to your bank account.
While our offices are open, to minimise the spread of COVID-19, we urge you to follow the advice of the authorities to ‘stay at home’. If you must come in, we have introduced measures to ensure that proper social distancing is observed. In this regard, please note the following:
- We can be contacted via:
- telephone at 623-8863;
- our website and our live chat feature at ttmf-mortgages.com; or
- email at email@example.com.
- For statements, letters or other enquiries you may contact us using any of the channels stated above
- All scheduled appointments will be facilitated via telephone.
- If it is still necessary to visit our offices, please note that entry in any one space will be restricted to ten (10) persons. Visitors are required to use the hand sanitisers on entry and observe social distancing at all times.
Please be reminded to take the precautionary measures outlined by the World Health Organisation (WHO), the Ministry of Health and other related agencies for protecting yourself and your family against the spread of COVID-19.