Do you want to get some ideas for affordable home options? Expanding your mind on what home really means to you can open up your options. Here are two great and smart home alternatives just for you:
Look at buying land as an option:
Buying land now to build a house later gives you the complete liberty to do as your heart desires i.e. when things improve for you. Regardless of its size, you decide when you are ready, but until then you hold the land as an asset.
When buying land:
- Tip #1: Make sure the land is for residential purposes only, meaning for private dwelling purposes, and not for commercial or recreational purposes.
- Tip #2: Make sure the developer or landowner has gotten the approval for the land by the Town and Country Planning Division and has the relevant Municipal Corporation confirmation on where the plot of land is actually located.
- Tip #3: Make sure you conduct a registered land title search to confirm that the seller of the land indeed owns it, and has verified the boundaries of the land and has ensured that there are no charges or liens on the property.
At TTMF, financing is available for the purchase of residential building lots and homesteads. When you have located your piece of land, begin by submitting all the required documents and fees to begin our application process:
Check out our ‘Buying Land” episode for some useful tit-bits.
Consider building your Home:
With your floor plan in mind, you have the control that you are seeking. You can make the decisions when building the home, so it will reflect your tastes accordingly.
- Tip #1 – Build what you can afford. The extras are nice to have, but they will impact your budget and cause unwanted delays.
- Tip #2 – Build according to your plan. Adding extra changes/finishes increases your costs and can even hold you back from getting your completion certificate.
- Tip #3 – Make sure to look at the overall costs, legal requirements, contractors and financing. Be sure you are aware so you can be confident in making your moves.
Take a look at Building A Home: The More Cost-Effective Approach to Homeownership to give you more insight.
Bridging loans are available at TTMF to construct a home. Naturally, construction must adhere to local building codes and follow designs and specifications approved by local regulatory bodies.
Become Home Smart
Remember, TTMF is always here to help. Make an appointment with a knowledgeable TTMF representative by logging on to www.ttmf-mortgages.com to chat online or call 623-TTMF.
Follow us on Instagram & Facebook or sign up for our monthly newsletter for more helpful tips on homeownership.
We’ll take you from here…to home. Let’s get started…today!
How to Finance your Home Construction
Buy Land to Start Your Homeownership Journey
Building? Here are some DIY ideas and other ways to cut down on labour costs